Brooklyn Cacao may collect data related to our users through the following methods:
- Automated means such as communications protocols and cookies,
- Registration screens and online forms,
- Sales inquiries and transactions,
- Customer communications,
- Offline communications and interactions, and
- Third party sources of information such as referrals.
Brooklyn Cacao considers all information collected about our users to be our information. It may be collected from you via the methods listed above, but will not be shared with, bartered, or sold to any third party except as legally required or by the user granting explicit permission to share information with a partner company. At times, we disclose relevant information about our customers to our contractors in order for them to provide specific services for Brooklyn Cacao to fulfill a customer order. Our contractors and authorized representatives are bound by strict contractual requirements to keep all information they receive confidential and to use such information solely on behalf of Brooklyn Cacao. We take reasonable measures to protect the information you share with us from unauthorized access or disclosure.
Depending upon the method of collection and its intended use, the data collected may include information about:
- Business Contact information: Basic business contact information typical includes such items as name, title, address, company, phone number and e-mail address.
- Financial Transaction Information: All information required to process orders which includes order placement, credit card or purchase order processing, and historical payment information.
- Use of Brooklyn Cacao's Web Sites: Cookies and electronic communications protocols are typical types of data that may be collected and tracked.
- Cookies: A "cookie" is a small piece of information sent by a Web server to store on a Web browser so it can later be read back from that browser. We do not offer an opt-out on the site for cookies. However browsers and third party security software can provide you with information and control over cookies.
- Electronic communications protocols: Some of the data received from you is part of the communication connection itself, that is, the standard electronic greeting between your computer and our servers. This information often consists of network routing identification (domain name and its associated Internet Protocol ("IP") numbers), equipment information (such as browser type), date, time and other similar data. Our server will also query your computer to see if there are "cookies" previously set by BrooklynCacao.com to facilitate log in, site navigation procedures, and support user preferences.
- User Preferences: This information may include but is not limited to product requirements, areas of industry interest, newsletters, community choices and other information managed from the customer's profile.
Brooklyn Cacao collects data from users for the following in order to:
- Respond to user inquiries and requests for information,
- Engage in transactions or communications,
- Improve our response to requests for product quotes or support,
- Support joint sales or product promotions,
- Authorize product download,
- Provide various user communities, such as partners and end users with relevant product alerts and updates,
- Address product performance, fix issues, and collect product requirements,
- Provide service and support,
- Communicate information on educational and promotional events,
- Support referral requests,
- Register users for a Brooklyn Cacao conference or event,
- Enable the use of outsourced Consulting Services, and
- Provide required legal notifications.
You may opt-out from receiving the above promotional or marketing e-mails by notifying us at the address specified at the bottom of any unwanted e-mail. These opt-out procedures are not available for e-mails which are necessary to provide confirmation of a completed transaction (such as a purchase, service request or change in the consumer's user profile).
Brooklyn Cacao has in place reasonable measures (policies, procedures, and electronic data access controls) to prevent unauthorized access of the user information it has collected. Brooklyn Cacao uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to exchange the transmission of sensitive data. In the event that individual personal data is acquired, or is reasonably believed to have been acquired, by an unauthorized person and applicable law requires notification, Brooklyn Cacao will promptly notify the affected individual of the breach by email or fax or, if Brooklyn Cacao is unable to contact the individual by email or fax, then by U.S. mail. Brooklyn Cacao may delay notification as directed by a law enforcement agency if it is determined that the notification will impede a criminal investigation.
Our websites are not intended for nor designed to attract children. Accordingly, we do not intend to knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13 years of age as required by the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
By using our web site, you consent to the collection and use of your personal information by Brooklyn Cacao as described in this policy.
Oversight and Questions